Wednesday, August 5, 2009

IQ Games -- River Crossing

I saw this game, "River Crossing" selling at less than 50% of the original price in Barn and Nobles during my business trip to US. I was very sure that if I were to buy this in Malaysia or Singapore, the price would be higher.




Now, itturned out to be one of my son's favorite games. My wife loves puzzle games too. So, the mother and son would sometimes spend some wonderful time together solving the puzzles. This game is about how to cross the river by moving around wood pieces that serve as the bridge, one at a time.



My son also has some other puzzle games like "Hide and Seek" and "IQ Logic". Frankly speaking, these two are quite difficult even for me. The level of difficulty for "River Crossing" is just nice.







I enjoy playing "River Crossing" together with my son too. Sometimes he would get very frustrated because he could not figure out the answer. I guess this is also part and parcel of life that he has to go through. I would just ask him to try again, or some times, I would sit down and think together with him.



I really feel thankful to the creators of these games. Not only does the game sharpen the mind, but more importantly, it also trains children to concentrate, to analyze and to solve a problem. Isn't this what is needed?

If you are getting one of these, let me warn you first that the games are not easy. Go to a shop that has a display set and let the child try the game first. Sometimes I really need to think out of the box in order to get the answer. Oh... you may want to ask me where in Singapore or Malaysia you can get these? Check out my favorite toy shop in Penang Elly and Friends, Queensbay Mall 3rd floor. In Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, I think you can find these games in many of the toys shop which sell children games and puzzle. If you know where to find them, add your comments to this blog...

Enjoy!

P/S: FYI






No comments: