Monday, August 4, 2014

7 Habits -- Not too young to start early


One motivation book that I benefit most from my work life is 7 Habits of Highly Effective People  It took me 2-3 years to finish the book. I made sure I practice these habits before moving on to the next chapter. I always wonder why didn't I read this book earlier.  I used to buy this book and give it to young colleagues.  So, the challenge will be how to teach these concepts to kids.


My job was made easy with the following book, by Sean Covey.


I read the stories to my kids, allowing me some opportunity to have teaching moment and share with them how to apply these principles to become effective. After telling the stories, it becomes much easier to relate the habits to them.  While preparing this post, I discover that Sean has written many story books to help illustrate the concept. If you like the entire set, here is the link.



If there's some particular habits that you want, you may be able to purchase the books separately.
 

I have bought the teenager's version for my son but he has not started reading that yet.  I think this may be a good book as a 10-11 years old birthday present.


Again, while preparing this post, I notice that there is another personal workbook that may be able to help the kids understand the principle better. Sean really know how to expand business.  :-)


My son can read many non fiction book on his own now. He finished Adam Khoo's book on how to study.  I will ask him to share his experience after reading the book later.

By the way, if you are located in Singapore, do note that you may enjoy free delivery of these books if your total bill is more than USD125. I think you can get the main book from any major bookstore. Check with your friends. It is not difficult to find some friends sharing similar interest.

No comments: