Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Children Educational DVD and Books (1)... Thomas, Little Einstein, Words Word & Bob the builder

While playing mini-luk with my kids, I realized that my children knows how to match hammer to a nail.. they know a saw can be used to cut the tree. I know they have not seen those items. They told me they learned those from DVD! Undeniably, those DVD are really educative!

My son's favorite DVD are Little Einstein and Thomas. And most of his goodies has Thomas on it. Personally I like Little Einstein, so he has some books with Little Einstein. Buying books, toys with the character that children like will motivate them to learn, to read and they will spend more time with those toys. So, choose what they like.

Here are some examples in case you really do not know what is out there for you.
(Note: My intent is not really to promote for Amazon, but I figure out that using their associate program like this, the product will get updated)



Thomas is about trains working together to carry out some task given by their boss. this cultivate team works. Somehow boys like train. That's why Thomas is very popular.



My vote is for Little Einstein. I know nothing about music but I saw the DVD display songs and even pictures of Mozart etc.. The story is about a group of friends going on mission to find something. As the character "visit" around the word, kids familiar with this show will have good knowledge about music and geography.

Do not forget about Words World.. This is funded by the US government if I am not mistaken. All the character in this shows is build using letters. And it shows the spelling of each of the character. Look carefully at the picture below. Can you see the dog's body has the letter "d-o-g"? And the stage is build from the words "S-t-a-g-e"?


Lastly, checkout Bob-The-Builder. I believe this is where my kids learn how to use a saw, a hammer etc even at very young age. Bob is a carpenter? who always fixed things for neighborhood. The story is also about team work and to help people.

No comments: