Sunday, August 1, 2010

Children Educational DVD and Books (2)... Dora, Diego, Little Einstein

My daughter's favorite DVD is Dora The Explorer.




and Dora's cousin, Diego who always rescue animals.


Dora The Explorer is about Dora and usually Boots (the monkey) going to find someone for somebody. Dora's cousin, Diego works for an animal rescue center. The shows requires the children to count, to identify shapes and cultivate loves for animals. Quite a good one.

I admit, these goodies punch a hole in my pocket. But compared to those usual coloring books, stories books or DVD, I find my investment paid off. The reason is very simple, these goodies are done by marketing professional targeting the needs of the young one. Ask any kids, any one not interested in those characters? But this will definitely helps to cultivate their interest in reading books. Many parents bought encyclopedia, expensive stories books sold in sets usually in a range of SGD1K-2K or RM2K-4K.. If you are considering that, please allow me to be frank: Don't waste your money! I felt lucky that I did not buy those!

Oh.. there is one recommendation for those whose kids are 1-2 years old. Check out the brainy babies DVD below. I think the show is very innovative. Both my kids love these shows.




Please do not think that the shipment is very expensive. If the book is directly sold from Amazon, the shipment can be at a fix rate. I bought many books with a fix rate of USD6 shipment cost many years ago.

If you believe in early child education starting form toddler's stage, Baby Einstein is a must have item. It has all the ingredients to attract attention of toddlers and the contents to stimulate their left brain, right brain ....

I have not seen the brainy baby program in the cable TV. But most of these are available from cable TV network. My provider lease to me a setup box in which I can record all these show. So, practically, I have access to most of these shows now with minimum charge.

2 comments:

An ordinary person on earth said...

Again, I link this to Amazon to settle copyright concern and the automatic update features.

Samantha said...

Thanks for the sharing.
I found that Fisher-Price - 'Little People' picture books are bright and colourful. They can really attract the young ones.